Life is hard. Sometimes we get stuck, sometimes we get overwhelmed. Sometimes it is easier to just plod along.
In those kinds of moments, some tough love can be just what the doctor ordered. Yes, a few words aren’t going to solve your problems completely, but they might give you that motivating kick up the butt to help you kick-start your life again.
- Turn the television off for a bit and do one of those chores that you have been putting off. It’ll feel like a relief that you have finally got it done and that you can finally tick it off your list.
- Put your phone away when you are with other people. It’s just more polite and let’s face it, you’ll enjoy yourself more for actually being present.
- If somebody doesn’t believe in you, believe in what you’re doing, or what you want to do, then they don’t need to be in your life. It’s bad enough when you have your own inner critic putting you down, so if you can remove negative energy from the outside then go ahead. Support is key to any relationship, and if you aren’t getting that much needed support, then it’s time to end things.
- The only person in control of your life is you.
- If you want to do something then do it! At least give it a try, you never know what might happen.
- The more you put into something, the more you should get out of it. Whether that is work, a relationship or something else, if you feel like you are giving more than receiving, or visa versa, perhaps it’s time to address that.
- Being prepared is key to succeeding.
- Big life stuff happens, whether you are ready for it or not. You can either own it or let it own you.
- Plans have to be changed sometimes. Don’t be stubborn just because things aren’t working out exactly how you thought they would. Reflect on what’s been going well and what you need to alter. You can still achieve your goals as long as you are determined.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Seriously, stop it. It’s the worst thing you could do for your self esteem. Everybody has their own path in life. Accept yours.
- Be inspired by others but don’t copy them outright.
- Express gratitude and admiration to those who you think deserve it.
- Do that hobby you love because you love doing it, not because of potential success. If money is your only motivator you won’t feel much satisfaction from it. Besides, a lack of passion is easy to spot and will not get you anywhere fast.
- Do something for you everyday, no matter how small.
- Don’t let anybody tell you that you can’t do something or be your true self.
- If you want to change something about yourself then that change is up to you. Stop wishing for it and try your best to make it happen.
- You can either laugh or cry about it. Choose whichever medicine will make you feel better. Choose both if need be.
- Talking on the phone is underrated. It’ll do your soul some good to talk things through with somebody who is close to you. Saying it out loud is better than saying it with an emoji.
- Stop waiting for opportunities to fall into your lap. Chase them and create them.
- However you’re feeling, always show a little kindness to strangers. It’ll make you feel better too.
Inspired by Glamour magazine.