If you are a fan of my Weekly Round-Up posts (good on you if you are), you have probably noticed by now that each week I include a ‘quote of the week’. I pick these quotes by thinking about what kind of motivation/inspiration I need that week – they are not random in the slightest.
I kinda want to celebrate my Weekly Round-Up posts; they’ve been like a mini diary for me to share with you, and looking back, that’s actually been pretty amazing.
Seeing as it has been half a year’s (holy crap) worth of quotes and posts, I thought I would put together a little list of each quote for you (and me):
1. A writer is always writing, seeing everything through a thin mist of words, fitting swift little descriptions to everything he sees, always noticing. For the writer, all things are potential paragraphs.
– Shirley Jackson
2. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
– Theodore Roosevelt
3. I may not have gone where I had intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
– Douglas Adams
4. We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.
– Harrison Ford
5. Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.
– Lady Gaga
6. I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.
– Vincent Van Gogh
7. If you wouldn’t say it to a friend, don’t say it to yourself.
– Jane Travis
8. I became an artist, and thank god I did, because we are the only profession that celebrates what it means to live a life.
– Viola Davis
9. I’m a big believer that if you vision it, it will happen.
– Jourdan Dunn
10. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be be successful.
– Eric Thomas
11. The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
– Amelia Earhart
12. We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
– Joseph Campbell
13. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined.
– Henry David Thoreau
14. Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.
– W. P. Kinsella
15. It’s never overreacting to ask for what you want and need.
– Amy Poehler
16. The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.
– Alyson Noel
17. We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.
– Bill Watterson
18. Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
– Corrie ten Boom
19. The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
20. All great achievements require time.
– Maya Angelou
21. Done is better than perfect.
– Sheryl Sandberg
22. Nothing is a matter of life and death except life and death.
– Angela Carter
23. Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.
– Ayn Rand
24. The only way we will survive is by being kind. The only way we can get by in this world is through the help we receive from others. No one can do it alone, no matter how great the machines are.
– Amy Poehler
25. Yes, we too are stardust.
– Jostein Gaarder
26. Biggest obstacle I ever faced was my own limited perception of myself.
– Ru Paul
What’s your favourite quote from the list? Any favourites that aren’t on this list? Let me know!