About 4 years ago I become hooked on the Smash Book craze that was going around. It was all over Pinterest and Youtube. It was a beautiful and unique way for crafty people like me to express themselves and keep an art journal.
A lovely part of the craze was that you could use your Smash Book for whatever you wanted. You could use any book really – any scrap-booking techniques were encouraged. Some people used theirs to document their lives, their families and their holidays. I used mine as a creative outlet for inspiration on what I wanted to do with my life. I would spend hours most evenings on my bedroom floor, surrounded by scraps of paper, pens, glue, glitter, old magazines, making pretty pages in my Smash Book.
I loved the creativity in it and intend to keep my book til I can pass it down to my child or even grandchild. Sometimes I look back through it, hoping to feel some of that inspiration again – it normally does the trick because of just how many quotes and little notes I have stuck inside it.
So I thought I would share the loveliness with you folks. There’s probably a lot of quotes that you will recognise in this list, and hopefully some great new ones that you’ll want to note down too:
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”
- “Stop being so cool and get silly.”
- “Do what you wanna do and be passionate about it.”
- “If not now, (seriously?!) when?”
- “What am I doing?! Oh yeah, following my dreams. Okay.”
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
- “Small tweaks lead to big changes.”
- “Sometimes going for a walk really does the trick.”
- “Dust if you must, but wouldn’t it be better to paint a picture or write a letter, bake a cake, plant a seed, or ponder the difference between want and need?
- “Eat. Sleep. Create. Repeat.”
- “Ideas are the no.1 best thing going. We don’t really create ideas – we just catch them like fish. An idea is like a seed. The idea is more than you realise.”
- “1. Observe. 2. Reflect. 3. Invent. 4. Create.”
- “Active-doing help to spark active-thinking. Do more.”
- “When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the question. I told them they didn’t understand life.”
- “Treat people how you would like to be treated.”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “You are enough.”
- “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.”
- “Do one thing everyday that scares you.”
- “Don’t be like the rest of them, darling.”
- “Observe without judgement.”
- “Look sharply after your thoughts. They come unlooked for, like a new bird seen in your trees, and if you turn back to your usual task, they disappear,”
- “Let the weirdness flow.”
- “Allow yourself to make mistakes.”
- “Find what inspires you.”
- “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.”
- “Just make something. You don’t have to like it. Just do it.”
- “If you imagine less, less will be what you undoubtedly deserve. Do what you love, and don’t stop until you get what you love. Work as hard as you can, imagine immensities, don’t compromise and don’t waste time. Start now. Not twenty years from now, not two weeks from now. Now.”
- “Please do no keep your ideas trapped away in a jar.”
- “Your dream job does not exist. You must create it.”
Have you guys ever kept an art journal, or something for inspirational quotes?